Collections / Debt Administrator (Customer Service)
Our client is seeking a Collections / Debt Administrator to join their growing Collections team. The successful candidate will talk to customers in a variety of often-sensitive situations ensuring the customers agreement is managed effectively and kept up to date and that the client is providing the best possible service to the customer whilst keeping in mind the needs of the business.
Our client is an award winning Fintech backed by Goldman Sachs - that help UK employees manage their money better, so they can do more of what they love. They offer a free employee benefit that enables employers to support their workforce's financial well being, with access to financial education resources and affordable, salary-deducted loans.
- To be the customers first point of contact in the debt collection process - courteously be the day-to-day contact for customers facing difficulty in maintaining their financial commitments to purchase agreements with the company
- To collect outstanding payments, in line with the collections policy and company values
- Pre-Arrears Agreement Handling - speaking with customers who potentially will not be able to afford future repayments.
- Early arrears Agreement Handling - helping customers who have just entered into arrears and trying to negotiate fair and reasonable repayment plans in order to get the agreement back up to date.
- Recording where appropriate any customers who exhibit signs of vulnerability
- Dispatch notice of sums in arrears and default notice letters in a timely and compliant manner
- Liaise with the debt collecting agency
- Record bankrupt and deceased accounts as required, liaising with finance and credit risk to ensure necessary actions are completed
- Completing weekly and monthly reports on collections activity
- Knowledge of dealing with a UK Credit Reference Agencies and third party collections agencies (desirable)
- Knowledge of money laundering regulations
- Knowledge of FCA policies as it relates to collections, credit management and debt recovery processes
- An understanding that information that may be obtained from customers and third parties are valuable in risk assessment, in regards to the credit operations team
- Knowledge of the consumer lending sector and understanding how this applies to this role, is desirable
- An understanding of outside agencies who customers should be referred to in the event of financial difficulty
- Awareness of FCA CONC regulations, forbearance and debt collection guidelines
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Childcare benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox membership (Multiple discounts at various retailers)
- Gym discount
- Free lunch Fridays
- Complimentary team breakfast Mondays
- Fresh fruit
- Fully stocked drinks fridge
- Friendly, fun working environment
- Regular company socials