As Assistant Accountant you will be a key member of the finance team, reporting to the Managing Director and Head of Finance. You'll be responsible for the efficient communication and output between the accounts department and senior management.
My client is an integrated, creative‐led marketing agency that have shown significant growth, with over 15 years of marketing expertise in technology and entertainment sectors. Their head Accountancy office is based in the City of London.
The key responsibilities as Assistant Accountant will be:
- Management of sales & purchase ledger for a number of business units.
- Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate management accounts
- Assist with the production of the P&L, balance sheet with reconciliations, income and cash flow.
- Management of balance sheet items linked to projects; specifically WIP, accrued and deferred income, debtors, creditors and cash-flow.
- Reporting progress reports to key stakeholders.
- Assisting senior management to meet monthly commercial performance targets.
- Assisting the team with a variety of commercial tasks.
- Providing support during the year-end audit process and completion of the Statutory Accounts.
- Assist with the creation of supplier and customer accounts (consistency, compliance, checking VAT and company registration details, entering credit limits).
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant role must have:
- Assistant management accounting: 2 years
- Part qualified or finalist accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent).
- Proven financial reporting/assistant management accounting experience gained ideally within a Creative/Marketing organisation.
- Proficient experience within Excel (Pivot Tables, formulas, data linking etc)
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience using Sage and Xero software preferable.
£25,000 - £28,000 per annum
As an employee of my client, you get an unrestricted mobile phone (within reason), free breakfast, bike storage, showers, quarterly outings, annual awards, spot prizes, training budgets.
Full Study Support