Global Investment Bank seeking Sr. Manager Data Analytics/Audit
- Lead a team of professional auditors and be responsible for all aspects of an audit.
- Co-operate with other audit groups to effectively plan and execute audits.
- Lead by example in promoting teamwork across IAS.
- Coach junior team members.
- Actively contribute to team discussions, openly sharing experiences and ideas to improve audit practices and coverage.
- When acting as an audit lead, oversee and manage internal audits from start to finish. This includes ensuring the audit coverage is adequate for the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and risk management practices to senior management; drafting and agreeing audit issues; assessing management action plans; and reviewing working papers.
- When acting as a team member, assess the control design of the assigned audit areas and propose a testing strategy, perform the agreed audit testing and draft audit issues in consultation with the team lead.
- Participate in complex and special audit projects as requested by senior management of the Bank.
· Work with the business to develop and implement continuous assurance processes.
Maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders ensuring they get maximum value from our
- engagement work.
- Effect change by assisting business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure these are implemented in a timely manner.
Keep abreast of organizational, regulatory, product, strategic and financial changes and/or trends impacting assigned the business.
Collaboration - Works Collaboratively
- Understands the roles of teams and how they need to work together by managing diverse opinions constructively to make the most of a collaborative experience.
- Manages the inherent tension between collaboration and individual accountability.
- Debates issues with passion and builds mutual support with stakeholders, leveraging relationships to achieve objectives quickly.
- Works toward resolving differing views in a constructive manner.
- Gains the position of trusted advisor with colleagues and business partners by providing expertise and advice.
- Looks for opportunities to broaden their own experiences/skill set.
- Coaches individuals and teams.
- Identifies and takes action to address needs and capability gaps for self and others.
- Recognizes effort and rewards superior results.
Impact & Influence - Builds Influence
- Demonstrates personal confidence, expertise and authority within own work group.
- Establishes credibility as a team player.
- Communicates their views, confidently and intelligently, even not shared by others.
- Must have the ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new services and products, and to formulate practical audit procedures to address them.
- Strong knowledge of Capital Markets products.
- Strong understanding of auditing principles and techniques and has excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment within the financial services industry including Basel and Dodd Frank.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, familiarity with PC and common business software.
- An understanding of management principles that enable recognition and evaluation of materiality and significant deviations from good management practices.
- Knowledge of UK, IFRS and International Accounting Standards.
- Effective interaction/dealing with senior business management.
- Able to lead by example through provision of knowledge, teamwork, cross-unit cooperation and information.