ICBC Standard Bank Plc (ICBCS) is 60% owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and 40% by Standard Bank. ICBCS benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise
ICBCS is a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way
Headquartered in London, ICBCS also has operations in Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and New York
Reporting into the Head of Management Information ("MI") and Control reporting, this role is responsible for Product Control management information and control reporting; oversight of the central processes.
This includes daily and monthly P&L reporting via the DTS and related management information; weekly variance analysis and reporting to dealing room control and other functions; monthly submission of Risk reporting to Operational Risk; as well as maintaining operating control and frameworks of central processes / functions.
This is a hands on role with active involvement across all Product Control processes; and will also encompass involvement in ad-hoc projects across the department and the Bank; whilst providing support and input into Senior Management forums across Finance.
All staff are required to have read, and to act in accordance with the Product Control department's (and other Finance area's if applicable) formal policies and procedures at all time, with specific focus on the following:
- Product Control Operating Model Overview
- Valuation & Revenue Recognition policy (and associated operational processes documentation)
- Balance sheet substantiation policy
- Day-to-day supervision of the production of central MI and control processes, comprising daily and monthly controls;
- Liaise with internal / external audit
- Build and maintain key relationships across Finance and the Bank;
- Ensure understanding of Banks requirements in an ever changing regulatory environment;
- Managing, training and developing staff within the team to further enhance their careers;
- Maximise the potential of all staff within the team, not just direct reports;
- Evaluation and improvement of processes
- Ad-hoc project work and testing in relation to PLATO
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Degree Education from first or second tier University.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Extensive product control experience
- Change management experience
- Leadership skills and experience
- Ability to understand and break down complex issues into simple concepts
- Understanding of risk and control frameworks
- Self driven, with enthusiasm to learn
- Ability to work in a changing environment