- Ensures internal controls over financial reporting are sound and effective to ensure compliance with the SOX.
- Incumbents demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of compliance and control and a thorough understanding of SOX.
- Recognized throughout the organization as the SOX point of contact for a particular business/business partner area.
- Contributes in the execution of the SOX assessment program in providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope accounts and locations, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to the senior management and external committees.
- Contributes to the establishment of SOX compliance for the business/business partner area and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of that assessment. Leverages SOX compliance techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Contributes to the development and sustention of Control & Compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operational efficiency. Co-leads the execution and delivery of controls & compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operational efficiency. Provides guidance on the integration of internal controls into finance processes and systems to senior level management.
- Begins to build strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Liaises with other business units to assess control elements associated with new or potential projects.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop and implement consensual decisions.
- As necessary, partners with business continuity coordinators to develop disaster test scenarios and methods for managing the resulting hypothetical issues.
- Supervises, motivates and guides more junior control & compliance roles.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in public accounting, SOX testing, financial services or shared services is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification is preferred.
If you would like discuss this position further then you can contact me on 0161 457 1213 or email@example.com or if you would like to apply then click below.