Finance Business Partner - FTC
The Finance Business Partner will be primarily responsible for partnering with the Investment business to conduct strategic financial planning, analytics and decision support. The successful applicant will utilize a strong technical skill set to enhance both management and statutory reporting and drive Aon corporate objectives related to working capital, return-on-invested-capital, free cash flow, organic revenue and margin expansion.
This role will require the successful candidate to travel to our London office on a regular basis and to our office in Krakow every 6 months.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Finance Business Partner:
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with senior executives within allocated business unit and manage all finance initiatives related to that business unit
• Provide strategic analysis, forward looking guidance and challenge to the wide variety of annual and long-term plans that contribute to the commercial development of the business
• Utilise a technical accounting skillset to work with the business, tax and legal to ensure all regulatory and statutory responsibilities are met
• Develop and enhance and consolidate the financial structures and reporting of the investment business
• Monitor the overall financial performance of the business and report progress on all key financial metrics and business initiatives providing monthly updates to the senior executives in the business and Finance Directors
• Continuously develop and implement key performance measures, including trend analysis and other operational data to provide insightful and challenging contribution to the overall running of the business
• Partner with the EMEA Finance Centre and other teams to deliver analysis and insights to influence the business and drive financial performance
• Work with the EMEA Finance Centre on the month end close and reporting process as well as budgeting and forecasting cycles and ensure that it meets the needs of the local country, regional and global stakeholders
• Drive a best in class process/control environment and work with the Controllership and Compliance functions to ensure appropriate treatment from a statutory or regulatory perspective
• Ensure the business adheres to and manages the revenue recognition policies and financial control procedures in line with the revenue quality management (RQM) function and its responsibilities as the first line of defence
• Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
University Degree (preferably in numerate discipline)
Qualified Accountant [CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualifications]
Experience and knowledge:
• Ability to understand the business and communicate the wider financial impact of business decision making to senior executives and governance committees
• History of working in practice / controllership on technical accounting matters
• Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness including demonstrable business partnering
• Experience in preparing management reports and budgets, revenue recognition, cost benefit analysis, financial controls, budgeting and reporting
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to influence both Finance and non-Finance senior executives
• Strong technical accounting skills
• A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Expert at building and maintaining relationships
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to build upon technical accounting knowledge to develop new initiatives and financial processes