Financial Accounting and Advisory Services - Senior GCR - German Market
The FAAS team are a group of proactive accounting specialists who are focused on providing practical solutions to our clients’ complex financial reporting issues. Our ‘on call’ ethos means we are able to respond quickly to fast moving business processes and timelines – whether assisting with advice related to transactions or working to tight financial close deadlines.
With the aim of providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions, the FAAS team go to market across 4 proposition areas:
•1. Global Compliance and Reporting
•SSC model – multi jurisdictional
•One point of contact
•2. Accounting Advisory
•Complex financial instruments
•Legal entity simplification
•3. Effective Financial Reporting
•Close process improvement
•4. Business Process Outsourcing
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
This is a cross sector offering and therefore, the candidate can have experience working in either a corporate and financial services environment.
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
- delivery of international compliance projects with a particular focus on Germany accounting and tax projects;
- manage the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously ensuring quality and timely completion of all projects within budget;
- develop and deliver country specific technical accounting papers and training material for both clients and other team members;
- maintain current knowledge of international accounting and tax developments and regulation to assist in keeping clients up to date of ;
- assist in maintaining key client relationships locally and internationally; and contribute to the overall expansion of the team.
Skills and attributes:
- Newly qualified accountant with a strong knowledge of German GAAP;
- strong technical skills and in depth understanding of German accounting and tax matters with the ability to prepare German GAAP financial statements and tax filings;
- strong communicator and fluent German speaker – other European languages a benefit but not essential;
- motivated self-starter with the desire to join a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team;
- previous experience of working with MNC’s an advantage but not a requirement, this could be in an industry or practice setting;
- desire to broaden international experience through working on projects with and advising companies across a number of jurisdictions in EMEA, APAC and Americas;
- ability to work within tight deadlines;
- commercial/business awareness; and
- a passion for client service.
For more information and to apply please visit our website via the button below.