Auditor - OPER - Beijing - 20180413003
2 days left
- Full time
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Auditor participates in audit assignment by bringing his/her expertise. He/she is responsible of executing assigned tasks within missions, raising practical recommendations independently and objectively for the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control. He/she may also act as Head of assignments for small audits.
These audit assignments consist of:
- identifying and assessing risks (credit, market, liquidity, global interest rate, intermediation, settlement, operational, insurance, image);
- identifying root causes;
- Issuing recommendations and contributing to follow up their implementation.
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks
Auditor acts as Head of assignments for small audits and brings his/her expertise when participating audit assignments. He/she should be in compliance with the standardized audit methodology of IGAD Asia.
- carries the preparation phase;
- elaborates the diagnosis (selective analysis of risk areas, definition of the methods and the work program, elaboration of the time budget) that he/she submits for exchange and formal validation to the supervisor;
- allocates tasks within his/her team and organizes himself/herself to respect timeframes;
- gives on-job training and manages performance of the audit team members;
- follows up the progression of his colleagues' work;
- is responsible for the good progression of the assignment;
- regularly reassesses, considering observations and identified risks, the control opportunity;
- is responsible for the reliability and the quality of works and deliverables;
- is the main interlocutor of the heads of the audited department and ensures, all through the assignment, a good communication with audited department (progression of the assignment, observations and difficulties met);
- needs to arrange tollgate meetings to present audit findings, recommendations and conclusion to mission supervisor and business correspondent;
- coordinates the preparation and presentation of conclusions and recommendations (by ensuring that deliverables are clear) to the heads of the audited department;
- is in charge of writing the assignment report based on the global assessment of the audited entity;
- makes end-of-assignment reports, for auditors who participated in the assignment;
- controls the filing of work paper and ensures their correct formalization;
- is responsible for following up recommendations issued by the assignment
Auditor is responsible to perform continuous monitoring over business development and risk evolution of the perimeter under his/her scope and escalate key information to his/her IGAD management.
Auditor needs to conduct annual risk assessment following IGAD management's instruction. Based on the risk assessment result, he/she needs to support Head of Internal Audit to prepare for audit plan.
Auditor should be able to prepare assigned regulatory reports and provide necessary information in respect of Internal Audit to assist SG China Management to answer regulators' enquiries.
Auditor should be able to implement departure audits when being assigned.
Level of autonomy: He/she has, as part of the objectives assigned by the Head of Internal Audit, the required autonomy for organizing his/her works. If necessary, he/she solicits the Head of Internal Audit, notably to deal with difficulties met or exercise his/her whistle blowing. He/she has certain autonomy for achieving tasks assigned to him/her.
More globally, auditor can contribute to some transversal works and/or permanent files of the Audit and to enriching and updating the audit methodology.
Academic Background(degree and major)
Bachelor degree or above, preferably with a major of Accounting, Finance, Auditing or Economics
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how
At least 3 years relevant experience in financial institution or accounting firm
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of banking industry, financial products and internal controls
- Knowledge of risk-based auditing within accounting and banking industry
- Good analytical skill
- Good communication, presentation
- Good writing both in English and Chinese
- Negotiation and influence skill
- Professionalism to work under pressure
- Experience in credit process is a plus
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Proficient in popular office tools including email, editing tool (word, ppt, excel) and etc
- Quick learner on new tools
- Professional Qualification (if applicable)
- Professional qualification in audit, finance or accounting that is recognized in the PRC or internationally or having equivalent exam result;
Others if any
(require to travel, etc)
Travelling is required