Senior Manager, IT Risk & Assurance, Birmingham
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, supporting organisations manage their risks, exploit opportunities and operate effectively. IT Risk and Assurance (ITRA) sits within EY's Risk business and forms part of a broader Advisory Services practice.
Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks, our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues which include for example: the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
In response to strong market demand, we are seeking individuals who can work directly with clients, to help them understand and address the risks associated with the technologies that support their business. This will involve interacting at a senior level with client staff, managing multiple assignments, and leading teams of EY personnel. You will be stretched to learn about new IT risk areas - sometimes as they evolve, work across a broad range of different clients in multiple sectors, and deal with complex and demanding issues on a daily basis.
We are looking to recruit at the Manager and Senior Manager grades, progression opportunities are exceptional with the practice set to grow considerably over the next few years.
Managers and Senior Managers within ITRA often take responsibility for the successful end to end delivery of advisory and assurance work, reporting directly to a Director or Partner. This involves scoping, planning and leading the delivery of fieldwork, managing small to medium sized teams, and developing high quality client deliverables. Our staff work on several different assignments at any given time, and for several different managers at once. As well as leading on client delivery, Managers and Senior Managers are leaders within the ITRA and wider EY business and are expected to participate fully in the life of the team and to take the lead on initiatives to develop the EY brand and the ITRA practice. These activities can include facilitating internal events, recruitment, sales activities and training and coaching other staff.
Skills and Attributes for Success
We are looking for individuals with the passion and commitment to eventually become a Partner in our business.
Applicants should have a proven track record of delivering either Assurance or Advisory services in a selection of the following areas:
- IT risk, control and audit skills: S4/HANA Finance, Oracle, Hyperion, Dynamics, mid-tier accounting packages
- IT risk, control and audit skills: Database systems including DB2, Sybase, RDS, OS/400, Oracle
- IT risk, control and audit skills: Operating systems including OS/400, Windows, Unix (flavours incl AIX, HPUX, Red Hat, Solaris)
- IT risk, control and audit skills: SOx404 process control mapping (for risks and controls), IT testing, IT test and exception handling documentation, IT risk and control improvement
- Core GAM competencies (including compulsory training and certification): audit planning, audit documentation (subject to FRC inspection), audit testing incl exception handling, use of GAM, use of Canvas, integration with Audit
- ITPRM skills: Process controls, ITGC controls, SOD controls, migration risks and controls, HYpercare controls, interface controls, IPE controls
- SOCR skills: ISAE3402 frameworks, SSAE16 frameworks, COSO, COBIT, sampling, control descriptions, testing, exception handling, reporting
- Ongoing interactions with CIO, CFO, GFC, CISO, Head of Change, Head of Risk, Head of Audit, Head of Digital
Relevant and Desirable Academic and Professional Qualifications
- CISA desirable
- The following professional certification are relevant to this role but not compulsory: CEGIT, CRISC, Prince 2, ITIL, CISSP
Throughout the assessment process, we will look for strong evidence of:
Core consulting skills:
- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability.
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment.
What we look for
As an ambassador for the IT Risk & Assurance team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.