Accounting Manager - Technical
Established in 2010 as a motorcycle ride-hailing phone service, GO-JEK has evolved into an on-demand mobile platform and a cutting-edge app, providing a wide range of services that includes transportation, logistics, mobile payments, food delivery, and many other on-demand services.
- Serve a critical role as the subject matter expert on a variety of technical accounting concepts including but limited to revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, etc.
- Monitor changes to the accounting environment and proactively research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the consolidated financial statements.
- Assess the financial and operational impact of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with relevant financial reporting standards and alignment with Group Accounting policies.
- Work closely with various business leaders to provide guidance on accounting ramifications of strategic transactions and business decisions.
- Lead annual reviews of complex accounting areas (e.g., goodwill recoverability, embedded derivatives, variable interest entities).
- Support maintenance of Group Accounting policies.
- Perform technical research on non-recurring or complex accounting issues and support accounting consultation advice to finance and accounting teams.
- Document accounting conclusions in formal memos and work with external auditors to support accounting positions.
- Review significant contractual arrangements to determine proper accounting treatment and document conclusion reached.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statement disclosures.
- Support develop and deliver relevant training to finance and accounting members.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years experience as auditor or experience working in technical accounting, accounting policies, accounting advisory, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of PSAK & IFRS and related experience with accounting research and application.
- Experience with SAP.
- Excel wizard.
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and with self-initiative.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, with excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates effective leadership, motivation, and team work in a dynamic, multi-cultural business environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
For more information and to apply, please visit out website via the button below.