Business Analyst - Accounting
Who are we?
Xero is an innovative cloud-based platform that is rewiring the global small business economy. Our software allows small businesses and their advisors real time access to their business accounting information - online, anytime, anywhere. We want millions of small businesses to thrive through better tools, information and connections and we are continuing to expand our footprint in Asia.
The Business Analyst - Accounting is a full-time role based in our Singapore office. The role will deep-dive into the reporting and tax landscape in Singapore and share knowledge about local requirements with the Xero team to continuously optimise the Xero platform for our partners and customers in Asia. The Business Analyst will act as the technical specialist in Asia and work closely with our internal Head of Partner, internal Product teams and our strategic partners to help build a robust product roadmap for Xero in Asia.
What you’ll do
- Be the internal expert on XBRL and tax legislation in Singapore
- Interpret existing reporting and taxation workflows and find creative solutions to automate
- Collect information through research and interviews with our accounting and bookkeeping partners
- Create and compare process maps of current and new workflows to assist the Xero team with product design
- Structure and organise information to help inform our internal teams with product requirements for the Asia market
- Provide required documentation, perform user testing, and conduct walkthroughs to verify that product enhancements and new features are as intended and designed.
- Assist in delivering internal and external presentations as the Xero product champion in Asia
- Work with the Head of Partner to represent Xero in meetings with local Government agencies
- Work closely with the Xero Customer Experience team to highlight any issues
Success looks like
- Clarity on the product roadmap for Asia based on testimonials, research and in-depth analysis
- New conceptualisation of features, enhancements and fixes are rolled to production in order of priority to optimise the Xero product experience in Singapore
- Customer feedback remains positive about new features and improvements
What you’ll bring with you
- In-depth understanding of Singapore tax legislation
- Strong familiarity with XBRL and online accounting softwares
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced environment that rewards taking initiative and ownership
- Ability to synthesise, document and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Detail-oriented, organised and inquisitive by nature
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to build strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to represent the business to both internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate about digital transformation, automation and cloud technology
- Knowledge of accounting processes or experience working in an accounting firm is a plus
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package and a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment . This is a fantastic opportunity to refine your skills and help make a real difference to small businesses in Asia. To peak inside Xero and see what we do check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or instagram.