Senior Advisory Position - Tech Startups
Advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the International tech sector, as well as a number of dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses.
My client requires a highly motivated and talented individual to join our multi award winning and growing International Financial Outsourcing team as a Senior Management Accountant.
They have a particular focus on the international tech sector and advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the world, as well as a number of dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses. They require people with engaging personalities as well as great skills.
This will be a varied role, where no two days are the same.
- Full review of management accounts, ensuring technical accuracy and any anomalies are investigated and resolved before submission to the client.
- Control of a portfolio of clients, ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met.
- Preparation of complex financial reporting packs (revenue reconciliations, comprehensive multi-currency / multi-territory / departmental reporting, consolidated accounts etc.)
- Supervision of Accounts Assistants and Financial Administrators, ensuring they are completing their work correctly, providing guidance and training where necessary.
- Review of VAT return submissions, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, arranging any necessary payment.
- Maintaining excellent relations with clients, acting as the main finance point of contact, responding effectively to reporting or ad hoc technical queries and resolving any issues.
- Review of payment runs and online BACs payment submissions.
- Liaising with teams across the firm together with international local service providers for completion of UK and global compliance tasks.
- WIP and billing control; understanding client contracts, ensuring a thorough understanding of the contracted scope of work and agreeing additional fees where required.
- Identifying and implementing enhancements to the existing routines and control systems to improve efficiencies.
- You must be an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant.
- Strong experience in reviewing full monthly management accounts, as well as preparation.
- Thorough understanding of comprehensive VAT reporting requirements - imports, sales and purchases of EC goods and services.
- A practice background.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Very strong communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients.
- An analytical approach with good attention to detail.
- Self-discipline, proactivity and ability to make and justify own decisions.
- An enthusiastic, smart-working individual with a "can do" attitude is vital.
- A willingness to learn and grow within a commercial environment where client care is the primary focus.
- Varied and exciting position with progression route
- The opportunity to advise world leading technology businesses and start ups
- Be part of a high profile award winning team in which you will be supported by and learn from high profile professionals