As Finance Analyst you will work towards the overall goal of improving financial reporting capability and facilitating more efficient and accurate budgeting and forecasting. You will work with both finance and non-finance, driving change by introducing a vast range of process improvements.
The client is a central government department with a vision to drive growth and improvement.
The Finance Analyst will report to the Head of Finance Business Intelligence, working with them and a wide range of colleagues to deliver on the following goals:
- Improve financial reporting capability. Enable more timely, user-friendly, insightful and accurate reports and analysis, from top-level departmental results down to transaction level.
- Improve the quality, consistency and availability of financial data, so that colleagues across finance have easy access to a single source of truth.
- Facilitate more efficient, accurate budgeting and forecasting.
- Analyse existing processes and identify priority areas for improvement.
- Automate processes to free up time for more value-added activities.
- Ensure that processes are robust, well-controlled and sustainable, with no single points of failure.
- Identify, evaluate and implement suitable IT solutions to help address some of the goals above.
- Drive upskilling of the Finance team in data handling, manipulation and reporting by demonstrating best practice and training in key skills.
This role offers a wide-ranging brief and scope to make a significant impact on how the Finance team operates and its ability to support the activities of the Department. It is a great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant wishing to take on a challenging and high profile role within a central finance team.
- Newly qualified accountant
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated experience of improving processes
- Strong communication skills
£40,000-£48,000, plus excellent benefits including generous annual leave and Civil Service pension
An opportunity to take on a challenging role with a great scope to drive improvements within a high profile organisation.