As the Finance Analyst you will report into the Finance Business Partner for the Commercial Division of the company.
The key focus will be on supporting Department Heads and Office Managers; reporting actual performance, budgeting, forecasting and ad-hoc queries.
The role is of paramount importance in providing a link between the fee earning business and the central accounts team.
My client, based in central London, is a leading independent real estate and property consultancy in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial and Residential sectors.
As the Finance Analyst you will have the following responsibilities:
- Key point of contact within the accounts department for defined areas of the fee-earning business
- Reporting on monthly performance at department and service line levels
- Identifying areas of outlying performance and monitoring trends on an ongoing basis
- Reporting on pipeline activity/WIP
- Business planning support to fee-earning and other business services departments, such as Human Resources, in preparation of financial budgets and regular re-forecasts
- Responsibility for various departments in the long range plan process
- Actioning ad-hoc business queries and requests for analysis, including staffing, discretionary cost areas, other overheads, viability studies for new business opportunities etc.
- Acting as Finance representative for specific projects/committees, including presenting financial updates
- Attending sub-divisional head / board meetings as required
- Working closely with management accounts team, providing information for monthly postings
- Calculating and appraising cross business cost allocations
- Training for Department Heads and Office Managers on reporting tools
- Other tasks to support the accounts/commercial division as required
As the Finance Analyst you will:
- Have a relevant degree or be working towards an accounting qualification
- Have previously worked in an analyst position for a minimum of 5 years
- Have used Excel to an advanced standard including Pivot Tables, V-lookups, SUMIFs, Formulas
- Have excellent communication skills and be confident presenting data to senior stakeholders
Up to £40,000 + Benefits