In-House Corporate Tax Manager - 3/4 day week
6 days left
- Full time
Working within the internal Tax function provides a unique opportunity for involvement in the day to day tax matters of a large UK and International professional services organisation. A dynamic and flexible working environment is encouraged as well as the possibility of this being a part time role.
A leading multinational professional services firm.
The Business Tax team is responsible for the tax affairs of this leading multinational professional services firm. The work is diverse from advising on matters as they affect the firm and/or its partners to the tax compliance and returns for the firm and its subsidiary partnerships and companies. However, the team is not responsible for the personal tax returns of the partners. Similarly, preparation of the majority of corporate tax returns is now outsourced.
Specific activities will include
- Working closely with the Senior Manager for UK Partnership and Business Tax on all aspects of the UK firm's technical and operational matters in this core area. This will enable the individual to build up the necessary knowledge, particularly in the area of Partnership Taxation.
- Assisting Head of Firm's Taxes and Senior Managers in the Firm's Tax Group on a wide range of UK and international tax matters in relation to Managing the Firm's overseas tax footprint; acquisitions; Intellectual property; transfer pricing and Country by Country reporting.
- Managing the outsourcing of tax compliance work, in particular the outsourced corporate tax compliance; and the capital allowance and R&D work to the relevant Tax LoS specialists.
- Being responsible for the preparation of the two main UK tax. This will entail delegating to, managing and reviewing the work of the junior team member on a day-to-day basis, as well as undertaking the more complex areas of analysis themselves.
- Preparing tax provisions for all the subsidiary companies and advising the Financial Reporting team on tax matters that impact the Financial Statements.
- Over time, gaining the knowledge to advise on technical matters as they affect the firm and/or its partners.
- Developing and implementing processes for changes such as those that will be required under "Making Tax Digital" and other tax transformation initiatives.
- Candidates should be strongly numerate with an understanding of financial statements and accounting entries.
- Candidates must be a qualified accountant with a track record of Corporate and/or Business Tax experience.
- Good communication skills are very important. You will need to explain complex tax legislation to non-tax professionals, through a variety of formats - meetings, telephone conversations and in writing.
- Good technology skills are required, particularly in the use of Excel, and also familiarity with tax software, although training in the software would be provided.
£60,000 - £75,000