- Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner for subsidiary based in London reporting into the Group Project Accountant and engagement with the FD and Business MDs.
- Providing business support and managing the finances to businesses outside of South Wales including commercial support, cash flow and forecasting, financial reporting and budget preparation. You be required to work away from home 2 nights every 4 weeks.
With the finance headquarters based in Caerphilly, out client is a market leading hygiene service provider in UK, Ireland and Spain with an extensive product and service range.
Reporting to the Group Project Accountant but with extensive engagement with the Finance Director, Business MDs and the rest of the divisional management teams this role has become available due to the previous incumbent moving on outside the Group.
The role will involve managing the finances of and providing support to businesses based outside of South Wales so candidates must be willing to travel/ be away from home 3 days (2 nights) every 4 weeks.
It is expected that principal ongoing responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the locally based finance staff
- Preparation of management accounts, which will involve site visits
- Reviewing controls and process in order to make improvements where necessary
- Providing commercial support to the senior managers of certain Group businesses
- Preparing cash flow forecasts
- Liaising with the auditors for the annual audit
- Ensuring that supplier and HMRC payments are made on time
- Developing financial reports as required
- Assisting with budget preparation
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring we have proper financial controls operating at each site;
- Making regular review visits to subsidiaries;
- Carrying out audit reviews of subsidiary businesses to ensure that they are adhering to Group procedures
- Making sure all our customers, dealt with outside of the Caerphilly Administration department are being invoiced properly and accurately;
- Checking that robust credit control procedures are in place and minimising debt levels
- Managing post acquisition/divestment of businesses
- Carrying out due diligence and data analysis work
- Assisting with Group and subsidiary reporting obligations including financial statements and tax returns
The successful candidate would ideally have the following:
- ACA, ACCA, ACMA qualification
- Excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience of Sage accounting systems preferable
- Broad financial management background in a business-to-business (or similar) service organisation
- Experience or knowledge of carrying out both external and internal audit work
- Experience of preparing management accounts
Personal Characteristics the ideal candidate would have:
- Willingness to travel within the UK, Ireland and Spain
- Prioritises successfully in order to identify and meet key issues and challenges.
- Self starter who is able to manage own workload
- Is able to work in a deadline driven structured and methodical manner
- Displays the ability to challenge
- Positive change mentality
- Displays "Completer/finisher" mentality
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the wider business picture
- Remains calm and focused under pressure
- Displays honesty, openness and integrity with staff and colleagues
- Gives others credit where due and readily critiques own results and behaviour
- Demonstrates receptiveness to new ideas from whatever source
The full time position (36.25 hours a week) offers:
- A competitive salary + car/allowance
- Free on site parking
- Free company canteen
- Salary sacrifice work pension.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank + 3/4 days in Christmas shutdown period (31/32 total)
- Other benefits.