Head of Finance
Robert Half is working exclusively with a US listed manufacturing company based in Jeddah. Due to an internal promotion my client is looking to recruit a Head of Finance for their Saudi Arabian operation.
The role of the Head of Finance is to plan, coordinate and control the finance activities of the entity, including, accounting records and financial reports with regards to performance accounting, cash management and internal control systems, financial planning and management reporting, and effective insurance coverage of the company's assets in line with the company's standards and procedures.
- Plans, organizes and directs the financial management of the entity and activities of the finance department.
- Coordinating with internal audit to identify, modify and implement solutions to any gaps found in the control mechanisms
- Review and resolving audit questions with external
- Ensuring compliance to SOX requirements
- Manages systems for budgeting, financial planning, and performance measurement; this includes:
- Update and maintenance of the local financial database
- Providing management with backup financial information necessary for preparation of budgets and analysing performance against planned results
- Recommendation of corrective measures in matters having financial implications where budget deviations are substantial
- Preparation and promotion of financial data to the HFM for reporting to the US.
- Supervises all incoming and outgoing financial transactions in order to enforce defined accounting standards
- Implements the company's accounting policies and procedures in order to provide accurate financial and management reports. Makes and prepares revenue projections.
- Recommends required policy updates and updates the financial manual of the entity as and when required.
- Controls and secures defined level of liquidity and monitors cash flow. Is responsible for Treasury Management, i.e. deposits and foreign exchange exposures.
- Prepares/manages all budgeting requirements for financial year end accounts including the approval of budgets and advice to internal customers on defined processes; reviews entity annual plans re budgeting and financial measures.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring the implementation of guidelines for cost control and expense management.
- Supervises and reviews payroll process in order to ensure correct and timely payment of employees.
- Approves and conducts Due Diligence when entering into sales agreements in excess of authorized credit limits.
- Authorizes and ensures payments for general office requirements.
- Coordinate external audits performed by corporate auditors and third-party entities ensuring timely, accurate and professional representation of all information provided.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action. Works as a business partner with other functional teams.
- Oversee the development of and monitor adherence to operational and capital budgets and develop cost containment strategies as required.
- Recommend and drive enhancements of company- wide IT systems in line with internal control and business requirements
- Oversight of the Procurement and logistics function in the company.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountancy Qualification is a mandatory
- 12+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in construction industry preferably in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and interact positively at all levels of the organization. Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to read and speak Arabic.
- Exposure to ERP system is an advantage
Salary and Benefits
Up to 50,000SAR per month plus Education