(Senior) French Statutory Accountant - South West UK
- Responsibility for all month end closure and reporting tasks
- Opportunity to step up into this role, with support both above and below you
- Wonderful Cotswolds location
- Modern and relatively new EMEA SSC – international manufacturer of $6 billion turnover
We are looking for a native level/fluent (Senior) French Statutory Accountant to join the EMEA financial shared service centre for an international manufacturer with $6 billion annual revenue.
Reporting to the EMEA Financial Manager, you'll be responsible for statutory accounts and financial reporting under French (for standalone) & US GAAP (for consolidated) for the French trading entities.
Responsibilities include (although not limited to):
- Statutory accounts under French and US GAAP (this is a must)
- Tax returns to French authorities on behalf of French business entities
- Maintenance of financial records, month end journals, P&L reporting
- Reconciliations; investigation of discrepancies
Due to the team structure with support above you, this is a great opportunity to step into a more senior level role.
- We're ideally looking for someone who has either recently worked in France or has worked in another country on behalf of the French trading entities to ensure current knowledge.
- You should be driven and personable, with strong numeric and problem–solving qualities.
- You should have SAP experience.
- Experience in an EMEA/European SSC (or BPO) is desirable.
- Examples of previous process improvements would be great.
This is an opportunity to step up in your career and should be seen as a medium–long term opportunity (3 years minimum). People relocating within the UK or from mainland Europe are more than welcomed. The wonderful city of Bristol is about a 40 minute drive from the office and nearby Gloucester is an easy bus away.
The company prides itself on family values, a strong sense of inclusion and allowing individuals to gain exposure to other business areas. Set in the beautiful rural county of Gloucestershire in a modern office, this is a great long–term opportunity.