Sales Ledger / Credit Control Assistant (20301)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Sales Ledger Department consists of 14 staff, including this position. Working in the Finance department; consisting of approximately 60 people. This is a busy department and it is important that the candidate can work well in a team environment.
This is an all-round Accounts Receivable positon, a key role in the Sales Ledger Department. The role involves billing and chasing global clients for payment of their invoices; for products provided by Fitch. The position will be both interesting and challenging for the right candidate.
This is a multi-million pound ledger requiring a methodical individual with an eye for detail. All billing must be completed timely and accurately.
The right candidate will hit the ground running, will have a strong AR background and be keen to provide an excellent service to both the Business and clients. A background in Financial Services is advantageous.
- Creation of invoices for Fitch Structured Finance products.
- Collection of outstanding invoices: issuers will be contacted by telephone, email and by dunning.
- Detailed collection notes on the status of each invoice will be made.
- Liaising with the other members of the Finance team and the Business Relationship Management team to ensure issuer queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Attend regular meetings with the rest of the team to keep their manager informed of any collection issues that arise and provide regular collection updates.
- Cash allocation assistance, including cash sheet completion.
- Assistance with month end reporting.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Good Excel skills and aptitude with other software packages.
- Minimum C GSCE grades in Maths and English.
- Previous experience with SAP accounting package is an advantage.
- Previous experience within an Accounts Receivable Department is essential.
- European languages desirable, however not essential.
- Previous experience of having worked in a SOx Compliant company would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working within the Financial Services sector would be an advantage.
Flexible approach to tasks is essential
Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
Ability to prioritise own workload
Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Good organisational and communication skills.
REPORTING TO: Billing & Collections Manager
HOURS: 9 am - 5.30 p.m. (flexibility required)
LOCATION: 30 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf. E14 5GN