Front Office Support / Business Analyst
Work within the Aladdin Technical support team providing business analysis and technical support to the Front Office users. The team is responsible for delivering day to day support as well as process and technology change. The focus is on Aladdin as the key system for all users, but the role also covers other existing toolsets including Bloomberg TCA, Liquidnet, Tradeweb, LVTS and bespoke decision support tools.
The role is part of a global team covering US, EMEA and APAC regions. The team consists of analysts, developers and project managers. The role includes managing the development and testing of interfaces between Aladdin and downstream systems which need to be co-ordinated globally.
The team provides support during business hours 7am-6pm, handing over responsibility from region to region during the global working day. The work is based in London.
- Provide day-to-day support for the Front Office application suite including Aladdin
- Provide business analysis to support business new requirements and functional change
- Track the resolution of incidents and problems
- Track BAU support issues, bug fixes and changes with BRS for Aladdin
- Provide oversight of SLA, incident management and key issues with BRS.
- Act as interface into the CTI Front Office Business community
- Work with the business and BRS to define and deliver new requirements within Aladdin and other front office systems.
- Work and collaborate with global technical team to build and test functional changes
- Own and manage the integrity of the solution and the project scope
- Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of risks and issues
- A good understanding of investment management in terms of products, processes, and systems.
- A good understanding of investment management in terms of applications/packages.
- Understanding of Front Office Processes covering: new product/fund launches, portfolio management, order generation and decision support, order management and execution.
- Understanding of Products and Asset Classes including Fixed Income, Equity, Muti Asset, Money Markets, Exchange traded futures/options and OTC Derivatives
- Exposure to Front Office business users
- Effective communication and presentation skills that can be used with both technical and business audiences
- Decision making & facilitation skills that can be used to assist senior members of staff with making quick and effective decisions
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and the use of different methodologies
- Customer focussed and highly service aware - able to demonstrate experience in setting and meeting
- Risk aware - able to demonstrate experience identifying and mitigating risks
- Able to form effective relationships with the business and to understand business drivers
- Able to form effective relationships with development teams, technical services teams, third party
- suppliers and other points of interaction
- Able to facilitate effective relationships between other parties inc 3rd party vendors
- Experience of managing third party vendors and / or consultants
- Experience of managing Front Office projects
- Experience of data ‘intensive' projects (i.e. the sourcing and manipulation of a range of complex data) and data warehouse products (or equivalent)
- Approachable & able to work with people at all levels in the organisation (demonstrable Team player)
- Inquisitive, pro-active, with good logical, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self starter & uses own initiative
- Able to motivate & contribute to / lead effective teams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Owns and resolves issues
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining quality
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of all Front Office systems and business processes
Qualifications in project management and / or software development methodologies would be beneficial