Associate, New Product Approval (NPA) Department
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The NPA Department is part of the Finance Division.
The global NPA framework ensures that new or modifications to products are within risk appetite, aligned with strategy and present an effective use of resources.
New product approval governance manages the point of entry of new product risk into the firm.
The NPA Department governs the process around the risk identification, review and approval of new product initiatives across all firm business lines globally to ensure that firm infrastructure and control groups confirm support and validate that risk is adequately managed. The NPA Department reports on new product activity to business risk management organizations, firm infrastructure groups and firm senior management on a regular basis. In addition, the NPA Department is responsible for reporting to enterprise level governance committees and interfaces with regulators as required.
The NPA Department is a global function with coverage officers based in New York, London and Hong Kong. It is primarily organised on a regional business coverage model with strong global linkage and centralized reporting and technology platforms.
The team performs the following functions:
• New product governance and advisory
• Representation to internal committees and regulatory interaction
• Reporting to Sr. Management and Board
• Data production,
• Quality assurance
• NPA tool maintenance, system administration, training
• Create and deliver global governance reports for the management of the NPA Program. These reports are targeted towards various stakeholders, including business risk management, firm infrastructure groups and regulators
• Perform quality assurance of new product approvals, to monitor and ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
• Perform system administration and support as requested, covering EMEA and Asia Pacific
• Assist in the development of automated reporting
• Maintenance and management of reporting systems
• Assist in ad-hoc team projects as required.
• Working knowledge of Sales & Trading environment (required)
• Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills (required)
• Advanced Excel and strong knowledge of MS Office (required)
• Quantitative and analytical skills coupled with attention to detail
• Knowledge of Business Object, Tableau, Cognos, MS Access and VBA/Macros desirable
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a
broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.