Equity Research Associate, Retail - Tier One Bank
We are working with a major investment bank, who are looking to add an equity research associate to their top ranked retail equity research team.
The aim of the role will be to generate investment ideas for your clients, who will be asset management and hedge fund firms. This might be buy or sell side trading or investment ideas. This will involve writing broker notes and marketing these ideas to clients.
Day to day the role will involve the following:
- Dealing with company results. Writing an initial post-results comment and talking through the results with the sales desk.
- Financial modelling, valuation and analysis
- Liaising with company management to keep abreast of any developments,,
- Assisting the team with any ad-hoc work. This is most likely to involve client requests
- Client and company meetings
They are very interested in meeeting people with a background as follows:
ACAs from the major accounting firms
business analysts from retail businesses
real interest in financial markets
great communication skills