International Tax Specialist
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
About the role
A unique opportunity to gain international tax experience in a fast paced commercial environment. Ideal for a candidate looking for a first move in house or to expand their breadth of tax knowledge. The overal purpose of this role is to provide the business with international corporate tax advice and help mitigate risk reporting to the Group Tax Director.
- Work closely with the business and finance personnel in advising on global consultancy projects on a variety of local, foreign and cross border corporate international tax matters including:TA).
- Entity structuring;
- Contract language;
- Permanent establishment issues;
- Tax treaty impacts;Indirect and withholding tax planning;
- Tax analysis for new jurisdictions; and monitoring and advising on transfer pricing matters.
- Involvement mainly through coordination of the group's tax compliance and reporting processes which have been outsourced.
- Liaise with foreign subsidiaries to ensure their accurate internal and external reporting of tax data.
- Assisting with tax risk and reporting matters including compliance with US reporting standards such as FIN 48, as well as monitoring tax audits and providing input into correspondence with local tax authorities to defend filing positions.
- Help ensure compliance with the Group's transfer pricing policy and work with finance teams to ensure adequate documentation to support the transfer prices used.
- Providing ad hoc advice to the UK business across a range of taxes including VAT, employment taxes
- Corporate tax advisory experience with tax laws and regulations for a multinational corporation or within a law firm or accounting firm (Big 4 experience preferred). International corporate tax experience would be advantageous
- ACA (or equivalent) and/or tax qualification (CStrong technical skills in corporate tax (principally UK as international knowledge can be developed in role).
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Strong analytical “what if” and “why” skills along with good tax accounting abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at technical level with ability to provide meaningful business-oriented advice to project team members.
- Ability to conduct tax research, draw conclusions, and document technical tax positions, including in tax technical areas with which you are less familiar.
- Strong team player with demonstrated leadership ability who is customer focused and has ability to communicate cross- functionally (with non-tax business personnel).
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to work and communicate clearly across cultures including with advisors and business team members having English as their second language.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision, and able to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks; also with self-awareness of when to ask for help and/or flag material issues/ambiguities.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with the largest international and local banks, insurance companies, payment service providers and other actors within the industry - projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
If you're interested in joining Capco and finding out more about what we do, we're looking forward to receiving your application