Regulatory Reporting Manager
A Regulatory Reporting Manager role has arisen within a leading Specialty Insurance business in London. This renowned Lloyd's of London Insurance/Reinsurance carrier are a sought after employer due to their strong reputation in the market as being financially strong, a progressive business, and a dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Reporting and working within a team of 5, the Regulatory Reporting Manager will be responsible for the production and critical review of the Lloyd's regulatory returns. While this role requires strong technical/Lloyd's reporting knowledge, qualifications are not as important. This role is open to both qualified and qualified by experience Lloyd's reporting Accountants.
Key duties are as follows:
- Ownership of the production and submission of Lloyd's Regulatory Returns (including Solvency II returns) and the production of statutory accounts for the syndicate. This includes:
- - Executing an efficient and robust process for the production of Regulatory returns
- - Seeking continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of the underlying processes and controls
- - Preparation of additional returns as and when required.
- - Ensure returns are submitted on time and the correct committees for sign-off
- Ensure all activities are appropriately documented
- Keep up to date with changes in regulatory reporting requirements, and take responsibility for assessing the impact of these changes in the syndicate
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on reporting requirements for Third Party Capital syndicates, including the development of systems and processes which are unique to these vehicles
- Develop a sound working knowledge of the syndicate, including its strategy, composition and performance
- Interact with external auditors and ensure returns are signed and submitted to the regulatory bodies
- Develop productive working relationships with other Group departments
- Develop, encourage, motivate and guide one of the Syndicate Accountants
- Act as a key senior member of the Regulatory Reporting team, supporting the Head of Regulatory Reporting in all aspects of their role. Specifically supporting the development activities of the team in line with the company's Finance Transformation project
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as and where necessary
The ideal candidate will match the following description:
- A highly driven and ambitious self-starter, with the willingness and capability to challenge the status quo and embed change as and where necessary
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience Accountant with an excellent understanding Lloyd's reporting and accounting
- Sound understanding of current insurance industry standards and external statutory and regulatory requirements
- Confident dealing with senior executives and management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.