- Responsibility for managing the tax position of all entities for the bank operating through branches, subsidiaries and representative offices. The geographies covered are Middle East, Europe (UK, Switzerland, and France), Asia (India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia) and US.
- Managing the tax position of these entities whilst ensuring compliance with local tax laws, minimisation of tax risk whilst maintaining tax efficiency.
- Work with the business and with other stakeholders to provide tax input into transactions/products as well as any potential M&A activities etc. impacting the relevant entities.
- Working with Finance responsible for understanding and ensuring the integrity of all tax numbers (P&L and B/S) at both the country and the consolidated level.
- Work with external professional advisers and manage these relationships
- Represent Tax in projects/working groups etc. set up to ensure the Bank's compliance with the requirements arising from the provision of customer information to various tax authorities (e.g. FATCA, CRS)
- Implementation of new legislation impacting the merged entity (e.g. VAT in GCC and Egypt, GST in India)
- Manage tax audits and relationships with the tax authorities for the merged Bank
- You will be a qualified Chartered Accountant (or Tax Lawyer) with a minimum of 10 years' experience in Tax within a Chartered Accounting, legal practice, or from within a tax division of a large Financial Institution
- You will also have ideally gained technical tax experience within financial services
- We are looking for someone with excellent communication and listening skills, who also has the ability to develop relationships with high levels of drive, energy and commitment.