Officer, Fund Administration and Accounting
1 day left
- Full time
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
*as at 30 June 2017
Fund Services provides comprehensive operational and coordination support on fund related matters in the organisation. Key functions consist of providing oversight on accounting and valuation, transfer agency activities and other third party service providers on fund operational matters which include funds' audits and funds' tax compliance. We are also involved in servicing clients such as distributors' operations team and handling enquiries through the customer helpline, website and walk in. Fund Services performs various forms of fund related reporting such as internal management reports, regulatory reporting to factsheets and insurance clients' reporting. Fund services works very closely with both internal teams and external parties on fund launches, rationalisation and other business initiatives.
Overview of role
- Collaborate with the team to support and handle the BAU duties
- Coordinate requirements and production client reporting
- Review FATCA and CRS (existing but not limited to) regulatory requirements and coordinate regular reporting
- Assist with other fund reporting such as management reporting, regulatory reporting and any ad hoc reporting
- Oversight on funds' accounting and valuation including fund expenses and tax accrual etc.
- Coordinate and review funds' annual and semi-annual financial statements
- Client (retail and corporate) servicing
- Assist Head of Department with new business initiatives and projects
- Coordinate with IT on system related projects
- Coordinate review of department documentations
- 2-3 years' experience in the financial industry
- Prior experience in asset management, fund administration or transfer agency
- Fund accounting and valuation knowledge and experience
- Strong communicator and good team player
- Strong initiative, commitment and independence in managing day to day activities
- Experience in Fund Audit
- Experience in exchange traded funds
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.