Manager, Hedge Accounting
- Manage the execution of IFRS9 Hedge accounting related engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Play a key role in business development across regions
- Local and regional market developments related to Hedge accounting implementation
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services.
- At least 5 to 8 years experience in professional services advisory, management consultancy, international banking, insurance or a blue chip industry company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management.
- Possess a depth of knowledge in some or most of the following areas
- Financial instrument valuation and methodologies
- Knowledge of market practice in policy, procedures and documentation for IFRS9 Hedge accounting
- Understanding of key changes between IAS39 and IFRS9
- Understanding hedge effectiveness requirements
- Knowledge of eligible hedging Instruments and options
- Understanding of latest IASB developments and papers
- Understanding of technical tools/ techniques relevant to IFRS9 hedge accounting plus a knowledge of in- house or vendor systems solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/ large scale projects or project deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Fluent in English with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is a strong advantage
- Cross cultural business and overseas experience preferred
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Accounting/ Financial and Actuarial Engineering/ Business Mathematics or any other business related discipline
- HKICPA, CFA or FRM Designation preferable.