Head of Finance
- A unique role, this position involves both traditional Head of Finance duties, however also entails a significant amount of deep dive analysis and commercial experience.
- The successful candidate will have experience using G suite, SQL server, or equivalent.
A leading science based organisation, my client has recently undergone significant exciting changes. With turnover now circa £50m p/a this is a newly created position.
This role is unique in that it is both tecnically demanding, however has significant analytical requirements also.
- To manage and deliver the finance function of the business
- To support the business and separate business units contained within. This will be achieved through the provision of Financial Controller and Management Accountancy within the business
To provide Business Unit Managers with a deep understanding of their profitability, both in financial and physical metrics
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the Accounting, AP, AR functions
- Work alongside Central Services to produce full P&L accounts.
- Subsequent monitoring and detailed analysis of the P&L based on circa 200k invoice lines per annum
- Analysis of production processes and ERP system output to monitor and report WIP
- Planning and reporting of Key Indicators
- Creating business unit specific reports
- Designing advance reports and tools for use within the business to improve visibility and decision making
- Conducting quality assurance of systems and accounting processes to ensure auditability and robustness
- Provide financial acumen to Continuous Improvement and Capital investment projects
- Manipulating and interpreting of large sets of business data using proprietary and bespoke software
- Reporting of month end accounts and commentary for each business sector, including KPI's and graphs.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management information complete with key P&L variance analysis.
- Preparation of annual budgets and reforecasts
- Monitoring overheads with insight to allow strong control on spend.
- Tracking of efficiency programs, projects and spend.
- Ongoing development of reporting for the Business and Group.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis of significant movements.
- Capex analysis, review and reporting.
- General Ledger controls.
- Lead on bids and tenders.
- Support on M&A activity and integration.
- Motivating and developing finance staff members
- Proven aptitude for data analysis
- Advanced Excel, G suite, SQL server and general database skills - REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualification
- Solid Business and Financial Controller plus Management Accountancy experience within a complex processing or manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience of working with departments outside Finance and across multilayered group operations.
- Self motivated and proactive individual with a can do attitude
- Ability to grasp production processes and understand the wider business picture
- Ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
- An innovator rather than an administrator who is able to deliver the final product in a quality fashion
- Sound leadership and management skills along with the ability to influence and communicate across functions and levels within an organisation, manage a team of 6 heads.
A salary of up to £75,000 p/a, working within an exciting, developing organisation.