Personal Tax Senior - Leading Local Accountancy Firm
Ideal position for a anyone from a Personal Tax background who is looking for exposure to higher profile clients or a friendlier and more supportive work environment.
Our Client are a leading regional accountancy firm. They are consistent, provide great service and are continually growing.
- To manage their own portfolio of personal tax clients. This will include the whole process from liaising with the clients and third parties to collect the information required and dealing with outstanding matters, preparing the return on Digita software, drafting letters to clients, advising of client of due dates for payment of tax, submitting the returns online and drafting invoices.
- Have to correspond with clients, third parties and HMRC on other compliance-related matters including dealing with
- PAYE coding notices, HMRC statements of account, penalty, interest and surcharge notices, basic national insurance matters and payments on account.
- To assist with the production of tax planning strategy reports etc for clients.
- Record their chargeable time on a daily basis and, where required, to work within fee budgets.
- Possible progression to more complex personal tax clients in future once there is a proven track record.
- Will have 2 to 5 years' experience in an accounting practice, dealing with all aspects of personal tax, including sole traders, directors, rental accounts, capital gains tax and used to working to systems and processes.
- Be happy to work on own initiative but also a good team player with great interpersonal skills which will be required to work in a small dedicated team.
- Will be highly organised and a good planner with efficient time management and able to work under pressure at certain times of the year.
- A tax or accountancy qualifications will be an advantage. Possible opportunity for further study eg CTA could be available to the right person.
- Happy to assist colleagues with their portfolios, where there are workflow pressures.
- Be able to deliver 'right first time' tax returns and accompanying letters for review.
- Able to undertake appropriate research on own initiative when presented with unfamiliar issues but equally happy to ask colleagues for advice.
- Happy to undertake in-house and CPD training, as required, to keep taxation knowledge up to date.
Salary between £34,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
Competitive benefits package.