Assistant Finance Manager - Central Bristol
This role will suit a hard-working, enthusiastic individual who is keen to build their financial experience in a vibrant, progressive company.
My client are a rapidly-growing recruitment consultancy in Central Bristol. They are currently in a very ambitious growth phase, and as such are looking to bolster their finance function. They boast an enviable city centre location, fantastic offices, and really energetic, fun culture.
- Managing the borrowing facility with our bank, ensuring reporting is completed in line with their guidelines, drawing money down in the most efficient way to minimise discount charges.
- Regular and rigorous credit control, using a clearly defined set of escalation procedures.
- Managing the purchase ledger; processing invoices and staff expenses, arranging regular payment runs and dealing with supplier queries
- Processing staff payroll including commission, payment of PAYE & NIC
- Regular bank reconciliations
- Assisting the Head of Finance in the production of timely and accurate Management Accounts & Board Pack; including P&L, balance sheet, revenue and headcount.Quarterly VAT returns, annual P11d reporting and liaising with HMRC where necessary
- Ad hoc reporting, commercial analysis and finance assistance to the business where necessary and required.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Natural problem solver.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to flourish in a robust, sales driven business environment.
- 1-3 years' relevant experience working in finance administration
- Xero expert
- Excel expert
- Graduate with good A-Level results including Maths OR
- AAT qualified with good A-Level results including Maths
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Studier
- Experience working in a recruitment company
- Experience using Receipt bank, Barclays, Lloyds business, Infinity, Bullhorn, TimeSheet Portal all desirable
This role will pay a competitive basic salary of £25-30k, plus benefits.