Head of Corporate Accounting
Rank: Associate Director
Reports to: Director
Job summary: Leading a team of accountants responsible for the day to day accounting for a number and range of structures. Taking ownership of the client relationships within the team. Proactively supporting operational activity and workflows. Providing technical support and guidance. Accountable for quality and timeliness of deliverables from the corporate team.
1. Oversee team performance and client service delivery for a business unit,
2. Agreeing, measuring and reporting performance against both external and internal benchmarks and KPIs.
3. Ensure timeliness, quality and appropriateness of service delivery.
4. Schedule, monitor and manage team capacity within a dynamic business environment.
5. Maintain and sustain strong working relationships with internal and external clients and service providers (i.e. legal, tax and compliance).
6. Understand, communicate and resolve unique client and audit issues.
7. Proactively support the career development of individual team members and monitor/manage performance.
8. Demonstrate strong and effective leadership skills at all time and in accordance with Saltgate values, policies and procedures.
9. Actively participate in senior management forums and meetings.
10. Proactively look for and implement process and procedural improvements in consultation with the wider team and your Administration counterparts.
Essential skills / experience:
1. ACCA, ACA qualified or equivalent with a strong academic background and at least 5 years PQE.
2. Technical knowledge of real estate and corporate accounting.
3. Demonstrate full understanding of corporate and fund accounting, which covers real estate and feeder funds
4. Ability to share knowledge and adapt delivery in response to a given audience.
5. Strong analytical skills and a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Solutions focused and resilient.
7. Focused on continual improvement and securing business advantage.
8. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
9. Solid and relevant experience combined with highly effective team management skills
1. Knowledge of FRS, IFRS and US GAAP.
2. Experience using Investran and Yardi systems.
All individuals are assigned responsibility for assisting in the overall information security and data protection environment including through attending and completing all mandatory information security and data protection training and complying with all applicable policies and procedures. Any questions or issues should be escalated in a timely manner to designated individuals, or if in doubt, consultation should take place with the relevant line manager.
Saltgate is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.