Head of Technology & Operations Audit
This position will challenge your current understanding of business systems. You will have a broad technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. You will be a strong leader who is known for diving deep into subject matter, taking ownership for assessing unmitigated risks, and encouraging innovative and pragmatic solutions to complex risk and control problems. In addition, you will have solid business judgment, strong controllership focus, and executive presence. You will be given wide latitude of independent decision-making and will have ample opportunity to apply and expand your expertise in multiple areas of our business and across our technology stack. Based on our brand for quality, resiliency and trust, this role is of critical importance to our executive leadership, and our Board.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads Enterprise T&O Audit initiatives and projects.
· Proactively identifies and researches risks to achievement of Enterprise objectives and develops the IT annual audit plan.
· Overall accountability for ensuring that testing plans effectively analyze and evaluate the most important and relevant risks and controls for client and corporate applications, information security, networks, general computer controls, and IT infrastructure.
· Leads staff on accurate completion of audit plan and other requested assurance, and manages the day to day activities of the staff including the ongoing duties of the IT functional area of Audit.
· Responsible for determining staffing needs of the team, including hiring, development, performance management and compensation decisions affecting assigned staff.
· Coordinates the effective scheduling of IT Audit resources (internal and external) to ensure work is completed timely and in a cost-effective manner.
· Demonstrates broad ownership and accountability for the outcomes of his/her team.
· Ensures compliance with internal controls policies, Audit procedures and applicable external standards.
· Monitors and remains current with industry trends, emerging risks and issues in support of both business partner and IT Audit plans and objectives
· Develops strong partnerships with senior IT and business management across a broad set of Enterprise business functions by providing strong contributions to risk management, governance and controls that deliver business value; participates in ongoing relationship management.
· Clearly communicate broad business risk management, governance and control issues impacting business partners; proactively recommends the most appropriate/effective recommendations to decision makers including senior IT and business management.
· Network with external partners; such as peer and industry groups, external auditors and co-source partners.
· Relevant year degree preferred information systems, computer science, or other related IT field, and professional certification preferred or relevant graduate degree, and at least seven years relevant work experience in IT audit related field.
· Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and drive continuous improvement
· Experience in the payments or broader banking industries, including working directly with regulators such as FDIC, Federal Reserve, OCC, CFPB, or related agencies;
· Information Security, data privacy, and encryption experience
· Auditing or managing operating system and database technologies;
· Data center controls, cloud experience
· Familiarity with technology controls attestation standards;
· Experience applying internal auditing standards and requirements as set out by IIA and ISACA.
· Strong people management skills demonstrating effective coaching, mentoring, team building and leadership.
· Expert project management skills for audit engagements as well as business projects and initiatives.
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
· Ability to lead and drive change quickly and positively; viewed as a leader in change management for self and team.
· Provides strong mentoring to team to build broad IT and business acumen.
· Highly motivated and self-directed.
· Demonstrates sustained strong results and leadership against a broad set of Audit and business objectives.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills (clear, concise oral and written communication), effective with presentations for all levels of Audit and business management.
· Strong influencing skills within Audit and business management; adept at handling group dynamics.
· Excellent research, synthesis, and analytical skills and expert ability to articulate relationships and impacts between complex processes, internal and external issues and broad risk trends.
CISA, CISSP certification or equivalent required