Financial Advisory, Real Estate, Project Manager, Capital Projects Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Real Estate team. We're the real estate advisory practice of Deloitte LLP, one of the world's leading providers of professional services. Together we've established a new benchmark in how real estate advisory services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex property challenges. We provide consultative services, as well as a variety of specialist advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing commercial real estate.
Deloitte Real Estate currently provides comprehensive property consultancy and advisory services, working seamlessly with specialist teams in areas of assurance and advisory, tax, corporate finance and consulting, to deliver fully integrated expert solutions on a national and global basis. Working here will give you the chance to gain experience on a truly diverse range of property types - so expect some interesting inspections, valuations and negotiations. The calibre of clients is exceptionally high and you'll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows. There is a comprehensive suite of learning and development opportunities.
Deloitte Real Estate's Capital Projects Advisory group provides Consulting, Delivery, Assurance and Due Diligence services to clients across a range of industry sectors including financial services, real estate, corporate and public sectors. We act as a critical friend to our clients, providing end to end advice and assurance as well as project delivery capabilities. We help our clients plan, manage and deliver significant capital expenditure, often supporting complex business transformation, optimizing the value delivered through capital investment.
Consulting - end to end business advice to optimise the delivery of capital investment strategies
Delivery - ensuring land and buildings meet our client's needs. (programme management; project management; cost consultancy; employer's agent)
Assurance - providing the C-suite with assurance to control business risk (critical friend, project reviews, health-checks)
Due diligence - technical support to business and clients going through change (M&A transaction support; due diligence through development monitoring, acquisition support; and technical assurance through project audits, contract compliance, forensic investigations, defect analysis, expert witness services)
We have construction projects valued at more than £1billion under management at any time.
• Spend time understanding specific client needs and ensure a high standard of service, particularly delivering what is required on time
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, including written and numerical accuracy
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Working on high profile assignments, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, such as:
• Undertaking project management & technical support across a variety of large capital projects including internal corporate Deloitte projects across UK and Europe
• Advising on the set up and management of large infrastructure and capital projects & programmes e.g. setting up and working within PMO's, advising on approaches to procurement, contract management and programme controls; supporting reviews on governance and organisation structure
• Undertaking assurance reviews on large programmes e.g. reviewing a programme's readiness to proceed to a further stage, assessing cost, quality, risk and programme
• Undertaking technical reviews as part of a wider firm M&A engagement or distressed real estate situation
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work Pattern: Permanent full time
Your professional experience
We are looking for people with Project Management expertise combined with a technical construction background. As part of our diverse and successful team you will have the opportunity to advise clients on all aspects of construction and real estate related business matters. We advise on all stages of development from feasibility through to the design, tender and delivery stages and in client advisory roles. We need flexible people who are willing to get involved in strategic consultancy and project assurance roles, as well as project delivery. You'll need to demonstrate:
• Experience of delivering high quality project management services
• Experience of working for a project management or construction consultancy (desirable)
• Relevant construction qualifications which may be based in Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying/Cost Consultancy, Building Surveying, Engineering (Professional Qualifications desirable: MAPM, MCIOB, MRICS, MICE, IStructE, CEng or similar/equivalent)
• Interest and capability in providing strategic advice
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. Be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, contribution and ambition are rewarded.
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues, as well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 150222