HK Credit Risk Approver Citi Commercial Bank Independent Risk
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18065316
- We're looking for a VP level Approver to join our Approval Team in Independent Risk.
- You will be a member of the Approval Team. This team is part of the Citi Commercial Bank Independent Risk which focusing on credit request review and approval of HK CCB target clients.
- Work independently as an Approver focusing primarily on Medium to Large Cap relationships. Partnering with the sales team and the analyst team as necessary to develop financing solutions with sound risk structures
- Prioritize and timely review incoming credit requests, checking completion of package submitted and ensure timely completion of credit approval packages, including annual reviews, interim reviews, monitoring memos and new credit proposals.
- Learning about a broad range of industries and developing a deep level of expertise on Citi's credit, policies and practices
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of Citi credit policies and procedures and applicable local and U.S. regulations in achieving compliance and satisfactory internal and external audit results
- Conduct ad hoc projects as needed
- Working closely with Business team and Analyst team to review and solve the issues and bottlenecks of the outstanding credit applications
- Proactively participating in training and mentorship programs to expand their skill set and network to position themselves for long term success within the CCB
- Ensure safe, sound and timely underwriting practices and overall leadership of Citibank credit standards
- Degree holder with a minimum ten solid years of experience in corporate/commercial bank lending or relationship management.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process complex information and structure a financing solution with strong attention to details and balanced risk management focus. Confidence to present high quality credit recommendation.
- Work with bankers and analysts to proactively monitor the portfolio under coverage to identify credit migration
- The resilience to adjust plans and priorities when necessary to meet evolving client and business needs
- Highly independent with strong self-initiation and is able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients with focus on process discipline and achievement of turnaround time metrics
- Proven leadership skill with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels. Proficient in speaking Cantonese and English, with good command of Mandarin