Senior Internal Auditor
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, supervising and performing individual internal audit projects and complex multiple audits, as part of the Annual Internal Audit Plan, including presenting written findings and follow up on the implementation of agreed action plans.The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist Internal Audit Manager in the development of the Annual Audit Plan and with periodic reporting of the audit activity and directing and reviewing the work performed by other internal auditors.
- Identify and evaluate operational, strategic, financial and compliance areas and provide key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Participate in the overall Risk Assessment exercise and development of the annual audit plan.
- Gather preliminary information on risks and controls in order to perform risk assessment.
- Assist Internal Audit Manager in developing the risk assessment criteria based on the information obtained.
- Provide guidance and supervision for activities carried out by internal auditors ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of audit work.
- Lead the planning and execution of internal audit assignments including the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Lead the planning and execution of internal audit assignments in accordance with the IIA's IPPF and the department operating manual.
- Perform the risk assessment process during the planning of individual audit projects to identify the high risk areas and determine appropriate testing strategy.
- Manage the development of audit program/steps and audit procedures to assess effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial reporting, efficiency of operations, and compliance with policies and procedures and safeguarding of assets.
- Provide a first level review and approval of working paper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed by Internal Auditor.
- Carry out quality reviews to ensure that audit assignments are conducted in accordance with the IIA's International Standards and the department's operating manual.
- Regularly inform the Internal Audit Manager of the status of the audits in progress and of any significant issues and on timely basis.
Discuss, as appropriate, on a timely manner audit findings with management of audited area to clarify or confirm findings.
- Prepare written audit reports, for each audit project and presents findings to Manager of Internal Audit.
- Develop and maintain productive auditee and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Comply consistently with laws, policies, procedures, standards, practices and organization Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety and infection control guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to emergency preparedness plans/policies.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by thinking what might go wrong in all undertakings and take necessary measures to prevent them from happening.
- Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner.
- Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a sense of team work and effective communication.
- Partner with line manager to understand risks in the area of work, develop a plan on how to mitigate those risks, and develop shared accountability for implementing and evaluating the plan.
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments as requested by Internal Audit Manager.
- Continuously follow up with auditees to ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assist in setting department and staff objectives, evaluate the performance of the Internal Auditors and training needs.
- Build key partnerships within the organization for pursuing the mission of providing world class primary & community health care services that are accessible, effective and integrated.
- Pursue professional development opportunities and additional knowledge appropriate to the position, and share information gained with colleges.