My client is a cloud-based, next generation law firm with full service offices in Central London. The firm has an opportunity for a self-motivated, smart-thinking and grounded legal cashier to join the law firm's finance team, to report to the Financial Accountant.
My client is a cloud-based, next generation law firm with full service offices in Central London. An exciting law firm which combines the best characteristics of both conventional (full service, smart-working offices and a real team collaborating and working alongside each other) and virtual (very high remuneration, use of clever and efficient technology and total flexibility) law firms; but without the downsides of either one.
At this crucial stage on its journey, the firm has an opportunity for a self-motivated, smart-thinking and grounded legal cashier to join the law firm's finance team, to report to the Financial Accountant.
This firm is very positively run. It values fresh thinking which challenges the norm and it works fast and deliberately in order to achieve targeted, strategic growth and high performance for its clients.
Thus in this role you will be given a real opportunity to impact your business ideas and develop further skills as part of an excellent accounts team. The team is working hard to maintain the order and transparency of the company's finances.
As the legal cashier of this entrepreneurial law firm you will have responsibility for:
- Compliance with firm's money laundering requirements and SRA Rules
- Providing an efficient and effective service dealing with most aspects of client account transactions
- Logging / reviewing all client monies, office expenses and disbursements
Including identifying all monies received in Office & Client accounts
- Performing client and office bank reconciliations
- Performing daily banking duties
- Processing and reconciling disbursements, resolving discrepancies, analysing and resolving issues related to disbursements
- Reviewing and answering all client account queries
- Assisting staff with queries relating to Client Matters
- Client account payments
- Performing other duties as reasonably directed by your line manager
- Assisting with filing, archiving and other ad-hoc duties as required
The successful candidate for role of legal cashier must have:
- Previous legal cashiering experience is essential.
- Client cashiering knowledge is a necessity.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of SAR
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- IT literate; good MS Word/Excel. Previous working knowledge of ALB (Advanced Legal Business Solutions) would be highly desirable but not necessary
A competitive salary of £25,000 plus benefits.