Group Internal Auditor
As the No.2 to the Head of Internal Audit, this is an excellent opportunity to excel your career.
Leading Midlands business.
The individual will work within the existing Group Internal Audit team and will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit.
In time, there may be an opportunity to gain experience in and potentially move into other departments within the Group.
The role is based in the Midlands and will involve travel predominantly within the UK and occasionally in mainland Europe. (International travel will not exceed 20%. Estimated travel within UK away from office approx. 25%, although most of this is commutable).
Specific duties will include:
· Assisting with the development of the Group Internal Audit Plan, including identification of areas for potential future audit work and assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
· Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Group Plan, carrying out and managing the performance of those internal audit reviews, including the planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes;
- Drafting audit reports including findings and recommendations, agreeing the implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
- Assisting with the development / implementation of a Risk Management Strategy for the Group;
- Ensuring compliance with Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance;
- Liaising with Internal Control functions of subsidiaries;
- Analytical review of subsidiary management accounts;
- Assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of an appropriate control environment within new businesses, post-acquisition capital expenditure reviews, and financial due diligence as required; and
- Assisting with ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests.
The candidate should:
- hold an accountancy or audit qualification;
- have a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience;
- have a good understanding of the audit process with internal audit experience being an advantage;
- have a high level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of accounting systems and business processes and controls. Experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools an advantage;
- be able to demonstrate a good knowledge / understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- be able to work either on their own or within a team as required, demonstrate initiative and show a willingness to learn and develop their profession;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and
- demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business.
Basic - up to 65,000
· 25 days Holiday
· Company Car scheme or car allowance
· Company Pension scheme
· Share participation scheme (subject to qualifying period)