Manager Taxation - Indirect Taxes
Qualification & Experience:
CPA or Law Degree with an emphasis in taxation or Masters Degree in Tax, Finance and Accounting.
Minimum 6 years of experience in indirect taxes (Must be from Chartered Accountant firm or Law Associates)
- Lead the successful defense of filing positions and negotiate favorable resolutions of proposed deficiencies. Analyse data collected from business units to ensure accuracy.
- Partner with businesses units to proactively identify sales and use tax planning opportunities. Perform reverse sales tax audits. Implement structural and non-structural tax planning strategies, which maximise savings on a defensible basis. Collaborate with businesses, tax and other individuals to drive profitable results.
- Managing personal property and real property tax reporting activities, including those compliance activities performed by third party service providers. Assist in identifying, research and evaluating alternate tax positions in order to determine a supportable, cost effective filing position. Evaluate process, procedure and systems to optimize compliance activities. Work with the business to improve tax data collection processes.
- Manage and participate in reviews of ongoing business activities and proposed transactions to properly advise management of indirect tax consequences and opportunities.
- Analyze, monitor and pursue legislative, regulatory and judicial tax developments relevant to business operations. Work with the company's government affairs group, tax professionals and industry/ advocacy groups to determine impact of the company and assist in the communication of the Company's position on issues.
- Leadership and Teamwork - Provide a single point of contact for business tax matters. Work closely with the business to address their questions on indirect tax matters.
Candidate having experience in Chartered Accountant firm or Law Associates are encouraged to apply at email@example.com