The Payroll Manager will have responsibility for processing multiple payrolls, as well as managing and overseeing other individual payrolls.
My client is an expanding estate agents in London.
They key responsibilities of this Payroll Manager position include:
- Ensuring individuals within the payroll team have the required skills and behaviours to deliver excellent service.
- Ensuring the business' monthly payroll cycle is delivered in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with PAYE and all other statutory requirements.
- Ensuring adequate and effective policies, processes, procedures and systems are in place to maintain service levels, making suggestions and recommendations to adapt where necessary.
- Maintaining expert knowledge and proactively identify forthcoming changes that will impact payroll, not limited to RTI, pension, salary sacrifice and year end processes.
- Balancing the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Resolving escalated and often complex individual payroll or pension claims and queries.
- Maintain technical and professional continued professional development knowledge and to ensure this knowledge is shared within the team.
- Being part of an Accounts office, other accounting duties will need to be undertaken and where necessary training will be provided.
- Review and checking of employment documents in line with understand of Partners intentions, recommending changes when required.
- Guidance provided on Statutory Payments and Leave, e.g. Maternity, Paternity, Sickness etc. Limited
- Preparation of some Employment documents, e.g. Offer Letters, Contracts, Commission
- Liaising with Employment Law advisors when required
The successful candidate will display the following:
- Extensive payroll experience and ideally be proficient in the operation of Sage 50 Payroll.
- Experience in an accounting environment would also be preferable.
- The applicant should also have experience of managing multiple payroll clients and be able to provide assistance and communicate clearly with other team members, in addition to effectively managing payroll processes, including P11D, ensuring compliance with laws and regulation.
- Candidates should be outgoing and resilient, with excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- The applicant should be a team player but also able to work independently, self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done.
- Frequent contact at partner level is expected; candidates should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility across all levels within the business.
This role offers the chance to work for an expanding estate agents within a dynamic finance team.