olumbia Threadneedle Investments and Ameriprise Financial
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is the global asset management group of Ameriprise Financial, Inc (NYSE:AMP), a leading US-based financial services provider. As part of Ameriprise, we are supported by a large and well-capitalised diversified financial services firm.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
With more than 2000 employees globally, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage £320 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. We have a presence in 18 countries.
Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We aim to deliver the investment outcomes our clients expect through an investment approach that is team-based, performance-driven and risk-aware. Our culture is dynamic and interactive. By sharing our insights across asset classes and geographies we generate richer perspectives on global, regional and local investment landscapes. The ability to exchange and debate investment ideas in a collaborative environment enriches our teams' investment processes. More importantly, it results in better informed investment decisions for our clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Columbia Threadneedle Investments welcomes an inclusive employee population and work environment, and actively promotes diversity. One of our key employee forums is the Diversity and Inclusion Group, which brings together colleagues from across the company to champion best practice, and provide guidance and feedback around diversity issues relating to the attraction, development and retention of talent.
To find out more about Columbia Threadneedle Investments and what we can offer please visit our website. http://www.columbiathreadneedle.com/
Plans and executes less complex portions of the Risk & Control Services plan, including audit activities and SOX/ISAE3402/MAR/FDICIA/SOC compliance activities, presenting objectives and results to various levels of management. Executes on a structured approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Identifies control deficiencies, assesses exposure and significance, and proposes cost effective recommendations.
- Responsible for planning and executing less complex portions of the Risk & Control Services plan, including audit activities and SOX/ISAE3402/MAR/FDICIA/SOC compliance activities. Gathers and provides input into risk assessments in conformance with department standards, generally in less complex areas. Presents results to various levels of client management
- Identifies control deficiencies, assesses exposure and significance, and proposes cost effective recommendations. Monitors and validates Management Action Plan status. Recommends closure of Manangement Action Plans when actions are complete and identified deficiency has been addressed.
- Coordinates with appropriate control groups (internal and external) in planning, and executing assigned work
- Build & maintain strong working relationships within Asset Management Technology.
- Experience in public accounting, internal audit, technology audit or related financial services field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Standard desktop computing skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across multiple teams, grades and jurisdictions
- Relevant Bachelors Degree
- Availability to travel is required
- The employee's primary duty must be the performance of work requiring advanced knowledge, defined as work which is predominantly intellectual in character and which includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Experience leading small to mid-sized projects
- The advanced knowledge must be in a field of science or learning; and
- The advanced knowledge must be customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction.