FSO Assurance - Banking - Audit Senior Manager
Financial services is an amazing industry when it works well; it creates growth, prosperity and peace of mind for hundreds of millions of people. No other industry touches more people or shapes more futures.
That's why at EY member firms we employ more than 30,000 people across the globe who are dedicated to financial services. We train and nurture these inclusive teams to develop minds that can transform, shape and innovate financial services. Not just for today but for the future. Our industry knowledge, global connectivity, plus insight drawn from across multiple sectors, allow us to ask better questions. And asking better questions leads to better answers, which benefit our clients, their stakeholders and wider communities.
About the role
As an Audit Senior Manager at EY, your main role will be to interact with Financial Services leaders in Birmingham whilst leading and mentoring a diverse team of individuals. By doing so, you will play an important part in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect the financial markets.
As an audit professional here you will be part of a Global multidisciplinary group of experts focused on providing services to your clients as they respond to regulatory reform, manage the capital life cycle and improve business operations.
What you will do
- Build and develop high performing and diverse teams by creating a trusting, supportive and inclusive team environment
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor, building career value for individuals
- Enhance EY's brand positioning through strong external relationships across a network of existing and future clients
- Provide strategic and relevant insight, connectivity and responsiveness to all clients that anticipates their needs
- Take ownership of the execution of high quality audit work on more complex audit engagements, including management of risk, independence and professional scepticism
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including the strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service
- Challenge the effectiveness of the audit strategy and approach for all engagements
- Team effectively with other service lines
- Actively engage in required consultations
- Embrace feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits
- Maximise operational efficiency with a focus on key performance drivers and improve operational practices by leading and implementing new audit solutions and enablers
- Maximise business development opportunities through leveraging networks across service lines and geographies
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise
- Financial Services audit experience with a focus on Banking and Capital Markets preferred
- PCAOB Audit experience would be a distinct advantage
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Demonstrate successful management of a number of major clients/projects (e.g. with sizeable listed/regulated client's)
- Team and peer leadership skills
- Business development skills, ability to identify and pursue new opportunities
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.