Senior Tax Manager - 12 month contract
- Preparation of quarterly and annual calculations of current and deferred tax provisions under US GAAPP for management reporting. Reconciliation of statutory to management reported tax for GAAP adjustments
- Preparation of Corporation tax returns, & statutory notes for various entities in the UK group
- Review of statutory tax notes for companies in EMEA Region
- Review of tax payments and Returns for EMEA
- Review of the UK VAT Returns and UK EC Sales Lists
- Management of Making Tax Digital process
- Management of new Gulf cooperation Council (GCC)VAT process
- Review of PAYE Settlement Agreements for companies in the UK group
- Dealing with day to day VAT and withholding tax queries from other departments
- Involvement in EMEA wide tax audits
- Involvement in special projects including tax research, matters pertaining to BREXIT, due diligence and other initiatives.
The focus of the role is to assist with Corporation, VAT and withholding tax issues in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Region. The role is based in London and will include a mixture of tax compliance and project work. The position offers a good opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in a career in tax to be involved in a wide range of issues, covering multiple countries, within a global company.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualified and/or CTA qualified preferable
- Relevant tax experience; specifically related to corporate tax and VAT (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- Strong technical knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- An understanding of US GAAP would be advantageous
- Broad exposure to transfer pricing issues preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system
- Competent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to meet time pressured deadlines
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.