Senior Fund Accountant - Fixed Income / CLOs
A well-known Global Asset Manager who specialises in traditional as well as alternative investment management is seeking to hire a senior fund accountant into a commercial and business facing role. The firm have an incredibly high profile name in the market and have grown their London and European operations rapidly over the last 5 years. Altogether finance and fund accounting is roughly 15 people strong with this role newly created due to growth. Working as part of a specialist team, your role will cover all end to end fund accounting responsibilities for the firms fixed income strategies which includes a mixture of open and closed ended funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the monthly closing process for the investment portfolios (pricing, management fees, expenses etc)
- Review and oversight of the fund accounting records maintained in-house
- Assist with the corporate governance oversight of a multi-jurisdictional entity that covers offshore and onshore structures
- Monitor investor capital activity, including contributions, withdrawals and income distributions
- Fund cashflow management and monitoring against budget
- Ensuring appropriate accounting recognition for corporate actions and investment restructurings
- Reviewing and/or preparing regulatory returns, financial statements and oversight of fund audits
- Calculating management fees and preparing invoices for separately managed accounts
- Involvement in ad hoc project work as required
Your background is likely to be:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/CA, ACCA or CIMA - with relevant experience in a fund accounting role from either traditional equity or fixed income funds or alternates like hedge funds, private equity or real estate
- Experience in either a fund administration or in-house environment
- A willingness to get involved in the day to day fund operations as well as fund accounting in a partially outsourced environment
- Strong attention to detail, positive attitude, approachable personality, able to lead on high profile tasks
- Good sense of humour and down to earth personality
This role is offering a salary in the region of £60-70,000 depending on experience plus benefits and an exceptional (30%+) bonus linked to performance. Please apply online for immediate consideration!
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.