Senior FP&A Analyst- Asset Management
My client are a one of the largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services.
They are a genuine market leader and one of the most recognised names in financial services.
More information will be available upon successful application to the role.
The Senior FP&A Analyst is an integral part of the FP&A team and will involve a combination of data analysis, modelling and manipulation from a range of systems, in support of the wider business.
- Ownership of divisional processes for reporting client asset balances and movements
- Oversight of FP&A systems (Data Warehouse, Adaptive Planner, SAP & BPC)
- Compilation and ongoing development of clear and accurate MI of a consistently high quality to support the wider business in tracking, forecasting and evaluating results, trends and initiatives
- Manage forecasting, budgeting, and longer range planning for the division, providing an independent challenge and validation of key assumption
- Business partnering to key stakeholders in Operations, Legal & Compliance and Human Resources including development of MI and building relationships driving effective 2-way communication
- Continuous development of knowledge about the business and its clients, services, economics, peers, and competitive and regulatory environment
- Provision of reporting and analysis to Group Finance and Group Investor Relations assisting in the understanding and communication of the division's performance to investors and external analysts
- Data interrogation, reconciliations and analysis from a variety of systems including Excel, Intelligent Office, Adaptive Planning, SAP products and Finance Data Warehouse
- Support development and enhancement of FP&A output with increased automation and controls
- Responding to ad hoc queries and projects and providing support to the business heads, senior management, CFO and FP&A team
To be considered for the Senior FP&A Analyst role, you must be:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Experience in an FP&A role within an asset management or financial services firm
- Previous experience in AUM reporting would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to combine detailed analysis with professional presentation
- Confident, energetic and willing to initiate partnerships with key stakeholders
- Highly numerate with a logical mind and appreciation for accuracy; with the ability to own and manage a range of tasks and projects through to completion
- Well developed and controlled modelling and system skills including Excel and PowerPoint; experience of system based report building would be an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team
- Keen desire to learn, increase understanding of the business and find creative ways to add value
- Excellent career prospects
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension & Life assurance
- Private Medical Insurance