Director of Finance
Our client is a multi billion dollar business and renowned industry player.
- Act as a valued business partner to the Management team in providing timely and sound financial advice to execute business plan.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert who stays ahead of the industry and enhances the knowledge base of the entire organization to drive better business decisions.
Deal Analysis & Management:
- Lead financial analysis for all aircraft deals and other company wide strategic projects as needed.
- Prepare and present a comprehensive business case reviews to the Board of Directors to support deal approval and execution
- Assist in project management and diligence of active deals.
- Ensure that company guidelines for recording management approval are met for all contractual agreements related to asset acquisitions, asset disposals, dry lease agreements, and/or other similar material binding agreements
- Monitor market trends in lease rates, asset trades, and financing terms.
- Develop a solid understanding of asset valuation and appraisal methodologies taking into account asset valuation trends and individual aircraft technical specifications.
- Supervise the administration of Asset Management System in collaboration with the Technical team.
- Monitor the financial health of existing customers on a periodic basis. Supervise the preparation of credit reports as needed for distribution to management.
- Monitor the competitive profile of the markets served by customers.
Lease Administration & Finance Operations:
- Collaborate with Marketing and Technical teams to actively manage lease portfolios to ensure lessee compliance with Lease Agreements.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to manage Contract Management System.
- Provide analytical support to the Accounting groups as needed to ensure proper accounting of deals. Review the monthly calculation of maintenance reserves and annual escalation provisions.
- Supervise other Finance department matters (expense reviews/ forecasts, financial cash flow forecasts, management reporting, budgeting, accounts receivable review etc.).
- Manage a team of one or more financial analysts
- Creation of a financing strategy
- Actively participate in asset acquisitions
- Help evaluate maintenance condition and reserves for acquired aircraft / engines
- Consult with lessees regarding operator maintenance programs and impact on fleet
- Engage and work closely with external aircraft valuation / operational / maintenance experts as needed
- Manage / evaluate aircraft conversion, delivery, and redelivery
- Engage and coordinate with personnel regarding technical and operational activities
Aircraft and Lease Management:
- Evaluate asset values during ownership and lease all aircraft and engines
- Evaluate asset condition upon acquisition, sale, lease, delivery or redelivery of aircraft / engines
- Evaluate lessee maintenance reserves and ensure compliance with contract terms
- Evaluate onboarding of new aircraft / engines and disposition of old aircraft / engines
- Oversee maintenance checks / freighter conversions in accordance with lessee maintenance programs
- Help evaluate short term and long term placements of the fleet
- Research market dry lease pricing information to optimize contribution of dry lease sales
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to ensure well-functioning collections process
- 10-15 years of finance and/or business experience. 5 plus years of pricing experience in aviation, equipment leasing, banking, or insurance would be preferred.
- Highly analytical with demonstrated advanced proficiency in financial modeling coupled with an ability to take a holistic approach to look beyond the numbers
- Executive presence and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in developing internal and external relationships to drive strategic and business value.
- Graduate degree in Finance.
Good opportunity to work with one of the leading players of the aviation industry.