Senior Internal Auditor
Performs complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing key input to development of the Annual Audit Plan; and providing training and coaching to Internal Audit staff; Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards; Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, compose summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.