Head of Internal Audit
The Director, Internal Audit, has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the Companies business and financial operations. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the company
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Update/develop process documentation to support management
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits.