The purpose of the role is to assist in the production of the management accounts and to produce analysis and reports to enable the Directors to make informed decisions about the Business. To ensure that all of the management accounting information is accurate and produced on a timely basis and ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled, outstanding items investigated and cleared on a monthly basis.
A renowned publisher of illustrated books with offices around the globe. This role sits in the ideally located, Central London headquarters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Finance Analyst:
- Assist the Business Planning and Analysis Manager in the production of the management accounts.
- Work with the subsidiary accountancy functions to ensure accurate and timely accounting information is received, ensuring a full understanding of the P&L and variances
- Review the department overheads prepared by the Management Accounts Assistant and understand and comment on variances to budget, forecast and prior year
- Upload the printer receipts and run the cost of sales for the trade sales each month
- Preparation and distribution of the BTA reports
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and review the reconciliations prepared by the MA Assistant, ensuring outstanding items are investigated and cleared
- Support senior department managers in reviewing financial performance
- Prepare the financial budget and forecasting process
- Prepare sales reports when requested
- Reconcile and upload sales from overseas subsidiaries and raise Cost of Sales invoices to subsidiaries
- Ad hoc requests and analysis from Business Planning and Analysis Manager, Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer
Skills & Experience required of the Finance Analyst:
- CIMA/ACCA part-qualified accountant, or QBE
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong finance systems knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel especially using V- lookup, pivot tables etc.
- Experience of Business Objects preferable but not essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn how the business works and then use that knowledge to sense-check numbers produced in the accounts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exercise discretion with access to sensitive information
- Experience of publishing industry preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A team player who understands the bigger picture and impact of decisions
- Self motivator
- Commercial acumen, and ability to explain financials to non-financial people
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation
On offer to the Finance Analyst: up to £32,000 with a comprehensive benefits package that includes study support.