Financial Accountant and Business Partner
This role is responsible for a number of the key financial processes (e.g. sales ledger, Treasury, tax etc) and acts as a business partner to support the effective financial delivery of projects.
Our clients is a global manufacturing business.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the integrity of financial control within the business and compliance with applicable policies and procedures. This is achieved through reviewing financial transactions and reconciling key financial information to identify, challenge and address financial risk.
Financial Policies and Procedures (FP&P)
- Responsible for ensuring complete and up to date financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the business financial policies and procedures are available to all employees and provide support to stakeholders to ensure that they are complied with.
- Responsible for ensuring that hedging requests are completed correctly and processing hedging requests to Group Treasury on a timely basis.
- Maintain an accurate control record of all outstanding hedges that is reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Perform a monthly review of the order book to identify unhedged sales orders which need to be hedged.
- Plan and execute the monthly settlement / re-hedging of deals expiring.
- Completion of monthly FX Grid addressing any gap
Management of External Stakeholders
- Be a main point of contact for the external auditors / tax advisors in the provision of information and planning of on-site visits
Period End Close Down
- Revaluation of debtors and creditors to the prevailing exchange rates at the period end.
- Calculation and posting of period end transactions, for example Agents Commission Accrual.
- Agreement of intercompany balances and submission into Cognos.
- Perform key account reconciliation and co-ordinate the completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation file in line with the month end close down timetable.
- Compilation of the Out of Terms debt report and submission into Cognos.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy.
Budgeting / Forecasting
- Support the calculation of budget and quarterly forecasting activities, e.g. working capital, capex, provisions, etc.
- Validation checks to ensure that the submission of data to Group is accurate and consistent with underlying workings.
- Completion of the statutory accounts under FRS102 including the reconciliation to the audited year end balances
- Any other ad hoc tasks to meet the needs of the business.
The candidate must be professionally qualified from one of the recognised Accountancy bodies (preferably ACA). Previous experience in an audit environment (Top 10 audit firm).
Good written and oral communication skills. Capable and confident in effectively communicating at all levels including the Senior Management Team.
Excellent mathematical skills to work with calculation and interpretation of discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Must be able to demonstrate strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
An excellent salary and career progression opportunities are on offer for the successful candidate.