Finance Business Partner
The business are a leading brand in the FMCG sector and are looking for a Finance Business Partner to be based on their flagship site to act as a commercial business partner to Site Operations focusing on business performance, financial control, governance and insight.
Our client are the main branded business of a larger group and operate a highly productive site in West Yorkshire where this role is based. With a 24/7 production line it is vital that they source a qualified Accountant with experience in business partnering within a similar environment.
They have a very customer centric delivery model in place making this a profitable site but one that needs to be on top of its costs and the appetite for strong controls in place.
The primary purpose of the role is to act as a commercial business partner to the Factory General Manager on business performance, financial control, governance and insight, that drives value.
Responsibilities will include;
- Ensure financial controls are maintained in the Supply Chain function of the Business
- Ensure correct control and governance in place across the factory, with reporting and transactional support from a central team.
- Own site balance sheet, including verify holiday pay accruals
- Sign off payroll
- Performance Management
- Own Weekly and Monthly results, as reported by central team, to understand root cause issues and opportunities, to drive more performance
- As a senior member of the Factory Management Team, drive accountability on delivery with General Manager.
- Critical assessment of performance by line, area/process and proactively seeking solutions
- Collaborate with central team to ensure key financial reporting is provided in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the judgement within the forward view, by being close to all local initiatives
- Use facts, figures and analysis to identify and prioritise site cost improvement plans
- Forward views on all cost areas, including salaries
- With factory GM, develop 1-year and 3-year forward strategy, actions plans and initiatives
- Collaborate with central team to ensure smooth preparation of forecast and budgets
For this role you will need to be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) and have experience in FMCG.
You must be a confident communicator with a proven track record in business partnering with senior stakeholders and making process improvements and efficiencies.
A competitive basic salary + benefits including bonus.